Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Posting Every Day...

I have a wonderful friend who made a commitment to post every day. I'm not that ambitious.

I got to hear part of a 5th step last night. More to follow. I don't get to hear many of them. I never get past Step 3 with most ladies. Not me so much as just the circumstances. The halfway-houses don't care for my step-centered approach, and my desire to actually "work" with my ladies.

When there is only one night a week that they aren't running around or in a house meeting, you can only do one or 2 ladies at a time. And if the management decides that a lady isn't doing what she should, they can keep her from you. It's too much like jail for me. I don't sponsor ladies in jail, either. I'll write to them, but I won't sponsor them.

I've always been available, but I guess it just takes a person of a certain type to want me for a sponsor. And then, you have to be willing to do the steps, too! I'm kind of no-nonsense about that. It's life-or-death. I learned from some great ladies, and I want to pass on what they gave me.

You can't really sponsor without the steps. I've tried.

Here I started out talking about a commitment to posting every day, and it turned into a philosophy of sponsoring...

Such is my brain with a cat yeowling at me....

No comments: