Monday, November 23, 2009

Not Getting Religious....

A friend read my blog and begged me to not get all religious on her...

I'm not going there...

I'm using my faith journey as a guage to where I've been and where I'm going. A continuum line... It shows me growing.

We are all spiritual beings having a human experience, after all.

---------

On a different subject all together... THANKSGIVING FEASTS!

I'm cooking a big one, and only myself to feed. At least so far. I've opened it up for ladies who either have no place to go; or don't want to go there, but don't want to be alone. One rule: no intoxicants (or folks under their influence).

I'd like to also restrict to no kids, pets or partners. And I can only seat 10.

So far, no reservations, no confirmations. Who knows what will happen on the day...

I'm guessing I'll have a lot of leftovers.... YUM!

Cherry and Pumpkin Pie, Mashed white potatoes, Yams, Asparagus (I might even make a Hollandaise sauce for that), Turkey and Stuffing. The cats get the raw giblets, sorry. Gravy from scratch, too.

Oh yeah, none of this is from frozen except the asparagus. I'm even making the pie crusts!

My Stuffing recipe is with celery, pine nuts and dried cranberries.

Well, that's it for today...

No comments: