Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I love to Bake!

I SO want to get to Thanksgiving and get the feast cooking! I love baking. I love roasting, cooking, baking, mixing, and everything about cooking! I just don't like to eat. Sounds funny for someone my size, but it's true. I don't like food.

I guess it's the chemistry of food that fascinates me. Canning and freezing are as much a part of my repertoire in the kitchen as a loaf of bread or a batch of cookies. I love to cook!

I made a cole slaw. I used a cooked salad dressing from scratch for it, and had to go get cream to thin it down. Man! It took 12 oz of cream! And it's still really thick. I kinda tastes like Miracle Whip, but I know there are no preservatives in it at all. It's perfect for a cole slaw.

I'll bake the Yams tonight, so they don't take up valuable oven space tomorrow. They can be re-heated in the microwave. I need to make the Cherry pie still, but the 2 pumpkins are done. Am I obsessing? Probably. But I'm having a ball!

If I'm eating turkey feast in February, so be it!

No comments: