Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Step 2 & 3 - Review

I've been thinking about Step 2 again...

"Came to Believe that a Power greater than myself could restore me to sanity."

The part that I have the most difficulty with is believing that the power greater than myself could restore my sanity. I often feel that my sanity cannot be restored.

So the "came to beleive" part becomes important. I have no difficulty in believing in a higher power. That was never my difficulty. I had to stop playing God and learn my relationship to the universe: learn my place, if you will.

So it is not that I don't have faith in a higher power, but that that higher power has control over whatever it is that is making me crazy at the moment.

I have to allow the higher power to step in. That is hard for me.

It took me forever to give my HP the money issues I had. And once I did turn that over (Step 3) I was able to save and pay down my debt.

I don't know if I'll ever get there with relationships.

For now, I'm working on food and my weight. I have to allow God to direct me to smart food choices and listen to the nudges in my conscience regarding exercise.

The more I study the Bible and learn about the God of my understanding, the more I am amazed at how fickle human faith really is. We, as a species, continually try to manipulate the lives of others and our environment; instead of allowing God to step in and give us a miracle - Allowing God to deliver on his promises. We don't have that faith. It's a sad state of affairs.

I'm no better than the examples in the Bible - but I try to get out of the way and allow God to work.

No comments: