Sunday, May 24, 2009

Progress, not Perfection

Well, it's been 6 days on the program, and I think I finally got a system going!

I have to cook early in the day for the entire day and part of the next day. I do all my meats at one time. I do my carbs (rice or potatoes) in the afternoon/evening.

I do my fruit portions in the morning while I'm cooking the meats.

I then portion everything out into meals with the appropriate amounts of meat by weight and the measured amounts of carb or fruit. The only stand-out still is the veggies that are added to 2 of the meals. I can have up to 4 times the carbs by measure. I just grab a packet of meat/carb and toss in some veggies. Great if you got 'em! It looks like I need to go to the store or use my canned goods for a few days.

I logged on to the website for support, and set up my profile. No eating out, and no, I'm not having a problem with hunger. I did at first, because I wasn't eating enough. I was only eating 1 ounce of meat, so I was really hungry.

I went out and purchased a great portion control scale! 32 ounce capacity, marked by 1/4 ounce. A broad, flat plate for a measuring surface. I love it!

The worst part is getting meals mixed up. I need to set the fridge up so I have morning, mid-day and evening meals all in stacks. I did my evening snack instead of my evening big meal tonight. OOPS! Well, I added the protein and then did a carb instead of fruit for my late snack. It worked out, but the order wasn't right.

Maybe tomorrow....

I reviewed the budget today, too. I upped the food budget and cut back in another place. I'd noticed that I was over-budget for 2 of the last 3 months, so I needed to figure it out. Glad I did that, so I won't be upset with myself by going over budget.

With prices going up, and eating real food instead of short-cut foods, it costs a bit more. I won't be eating out as much, though. Why spend nearly $15 for a meal out that I can't eat? So, maybe I'll drink tea or something to be sociable.

I still have to figure out free veggies for those occasional hunger pangs. Jicama, or something. I'm not hungry most of the time, at least.

Weight loss? Not really paying much attention yet. More interested in learning compliance to the program, first. Then, I'm sure it will come off.

No comments: