Saturday, December 12, 2009

Restless, Crocheting up a storm...

I've been crocheting a project for several months. It's a patchwork sweater-jacket, probably with a hood. Anyway, it's taking a while, and it will be a while longer.

Anyway, I hadn't crocheted for about 3 months, but kept it close. Lately, I'm crocheting again - to the exclusion of other things.

I've been very restless, and overwhelmed daily by this house. It's just past 20 years since my first AA meeting. I can't count that as my sobriety date, but it's been that many years since my first meeting.

It's also getting close to 3 years since my last cigarette. I think that's more what's behind my restlessness. I even caught myself wanting to pick one up the other day. Not because I wanted a cigarette, but because I wanted that familiar action and feel. I certainly don't ever want to smoke again! I wanted that repeating action of carrying the cigarette to my mouth, and I wanted something in my mouth. That explains a lot of why I've been shoveling stuff into my mouth, lately. And it's probably why I've been crocheting non-stop for a few days.

I had 2 meals, my morning muffin, and 2 bowls of ice cream yesterday. That's all. No other snacks or food. So, the ice cream wasn't good for me, but I'm concentrating on the fact that that is all I ate! That's probably the best day I've had in a long time.

I also spent a bit of money this week. I got seeds, a seed-blocker and subscribed to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens so I could get 4 reports sent over the 2010 gardening year. It was spending on good stuff, but spending when I don't have a lot of $$ is never a good idea. I also ordered several catalogs

I have more money coming in, thank goodness! My bills are paid! I'm really in good shape, but I feel so out of control right now.

On another note, I finally figured out which circuit keeps blowing in my kitchen. It's the stove, and a wall of outlets, all on the same circuit. Not good. The stove should be on it's own. So, the electrician is again not returning my calls. This really needs to be escalated. I just don't know where to go with it.

And the light in my bedroom is still coming on and going off by itself. I really wonder if this house is safe!

No comments: