Sunday, December 27, 2009

After Christmas Rush....

I'm not in a rush, and I don't know if other folks are. I went to Hobby Lobby and, unpressed for time, finally walked all over the store. I got some yarn, a couple of canvases, and some flavorings for cookies, cakes and candies. I could have gotten more flavorings, but didn't think about it.

Anyway, I realized that their sales aren't near as good as the sales at Jo-Ann's, and while they don't have the variety of yarns, what they have is OK. They have some yarns that Jo-Ann's does not carry, probably house brands. They have a lot of home-dec accessories, that you will never find at Jo-Ann's. But Jo-Ann's does not carry canvas and painting supplies, so it's a trade-off.

I'll be going to Jo-Ann's today, spending more money on yarn. I ran out of yarns (very nearly, anyway) for my project. I'm at 4 bags of completed pieces, but still need more. I need some more whites. I have plenty of colors, but Jo-Ann's has a better selection, at better prices; particularly in the whites. Since white is the tie-in for all the pieces, I need a lot more of it.

It was fun to go shopping the day after Christmas, and not be pressed like I would be at the malls. I didn't pick up any Christmas decor or cards. I usually get my cards the day after Christmas, so I always have my cards ready for next year, but I didn't even look for them yesterday.

I'm feeling OK, as long as I keep taking the cough medicine. My nose is still stuffy, too. How long does a cold last, anyway???

No comments: