Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm Tired at 5am....

I've had to get up at the un-Godly hour of 5am for 2 days this week, and I have another one coming...

I'm tired at 5am...

It's DARK at 5am.

I need a nap!

I had to have some medical tests on Tuesday, and I had a Habitat breakfast today. Tomorrow, I'm off to a church function with a friend. WHAT was I thinking?!?

---------

Yesterday, I bought a pair of shoes. Nice shoes. They almost fit, too. Still too long and too narrow. I wear a specific size - 6EEE -- That's right, Duck Feet! I don't have webbed toes, but I might as well, for all the shoes that fit...

So, I have to return these really nice shoes, because they slip and slop on my feet. I learned that if shoes are too long, I trip. I trip on my own two feet enough, so I don't need the added impediment of shoes that don't fit, AND are too long.

It's like wearing a shoe that's got an extra 12 inches at the toe, for fashion, like they did in the 15th century - except that isn't the style today.

Of course, to get the width, I have to either order online, or wear these impossibly long shoes, so that I can wear SOMEthing on my feet!

Besides, what I need are sneakers, not some fancy dance shoes. I need something I can do yard work, hike the Smokeys and go camping in. Maybe not boots exactly, but at least something I can walk a good distance in and that I'm not afraid to get dirty.

And boots - right!
Boots are damn near impossible to find! Maybe a boys' size 6 wide? Kid's shoes come wider anyway, and if your foot isn't too long, some kids shoes will fit.

I wish there was a custom shoe-maker (cobbler) around here who wouldn't charge forever and a day, who could make me a nice pair of boots. I'm tired of my feet hurting after an hour. I'm not afraid of breaking in a good pair of boots, but first, I have to have a pair that fit. Not something that squishes my toe-bed so bad that I'm crippled after 45-60 minutes.

I've had that happen.

No comments: