Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Applications...

Ok, my friend said I should apply at University of Tennessee, and get into their "temp pool." I downloaded the application, filled it out and attached my resume and transcripts. For a university, the transcripts are always needed.

So, I'm getting ready to take it over and drop it off, and I see that I didn't add any position announcement numbers. These are a way for the university to track an opening and get it filled. I had all of them on the screen, so I started skimming....

Boy. Oh. Boy! I found 6. And one wanted event planning experience - which I'd already listed!!! Man! Maybe this will work out, after all.

In the middle of all this paperwork, I got a call from another agency where I'd put in my resume. They called to ask if they can put in my resume for a job they have.

Like YEAH!

So, I have an appointment in the morning to be "tested" again. Yeah, I'll blow them away on Windows, Word, Excel, Math, Spelling, and typing speed. I always do.

Parking downtown was a complete bust. The lot I used to use for free parking is now only accessible by a long ramp. The elevator has been co-opted and the museum that used to be there is no longer. Too hot for that. I only stayed downtown for a few minutes, so it worked out.

If I have to spend a day downtown, I'm not sure where I'll park. Most of the lots seem to be $7 for a whole day, so that might be my only option. Still, not as expensive as some other places, I guess.

I got my other chores done, too. A good day all around....

Prayers DO work! They really do!

No comments: