Friday, July 2, 2010

Interviews...

YEA!!! I'm getting interviews!!! This is such a blessing!!! To get this far in the process in this job market...

When every position has 100+ applications and resumes submitted, to get asked for an interview is really great. It gives me the chance to get in front of the employer and show them how I can be an asset; how I can contribute to their organization.

Do I always want to be part of something else - some one else's dream? Yes and no.

I love being out on my own, running the show! I really do. I love the freedom to schedule myself, drive myself and only work as hard as I want to - or drive myself to distraction when a great project pops up! But the money isn't steady. I like the combination of my own stuff and a steady paycheck.

So, a part-time entrepreneurial drive seems to be more my style. That means that I won't ever make it "big time" and become a millionaire by those efforts - most likely, unless I get a great idea and design the next MAC computer system or something...

But for working in my "dungeon," helping in the community and spreading my efforts around, I think this is probably the best way for me right now.

Besides, I just "volunteered" to run a community garden! Who has time to spread themselves so thin??? And I still teach FPU, so that takes time...

No comments: