Friday, June 18, 2010

Networking Women, Early Morning Alarm

I went to my networking meeting last night...

http://www.meetup.com/Women-Creating-Wealth/

We learned how to become celebrities in our town! It was a lot of fun. I heartily suggest any entrepreneurial woman find a network and use it. Of course, I use LinkedIn, as well. But this group was personally recommended to me, and I'm finding all kinds of information in it. It's like a pressure-cooker environment, creating successful women entrepreneurs. Our leader, Rachel Young, is really great!

Then, this morning, I got up early and mowed the yard.

Have I told you this story? I've been woken up since I moved into my house - in October - at 4AM every weekday.

I thought it was the neighbor's alarm, set too close to the window. Then, I thought it might be a truck's backup alarm, at the yard down the street.

It turns out that when the house was built, someone left their watch, alarm set for 4AM on weekdays only (not Monday! The crews were off on Mondays) somewhere in the wall of my bedroom before the drywall was put up. It got sealed in the wall. There is no way to find it that will be successful, and not leave a mess.

I decided to make lemonade out of lemons - use that 4AM alarm for when I need to do the yard and it's scorching hot or high humidity or both (like right now!) and get out of bed early. Why not?

So - Never think that just because you have an obstacle, you can't find something positive about it!

I'm a complete night-owl! I like late-night TV. I don't sleep worth beans. I like to sleep late in the morning. So what! My sleep has been messed up for so long, it doesn't hurt me to get my butt out of bed in the early morning and do something instead of laying around until noon.

Besides, I take a nap most evenings anyway. They might as well serve a purpose besides after-dinner boredom!

No comments: