Friday, June 11, 2010

Sore Throat Followed by Laryngitis...

This happened to me last year, too. I wonder how many years I'll put up with this before I change something? It lasted about 2 weeks last year. It started Wednesday afternoon. I'd used the weed-eater on the yard that day.

Yep, a grass allergy! Who knew???

I lived for 22 years in Los Angeles. There are numerous lawns there that are cut weekly, and I never had a problem except with some flowers (Allysum, I think).

I moved to Nevada, and mold became a problem during the winter, and sage blossoms in the summer, but otherwise I was fine.

I move to Tennessee, and suddenly I'm allergic to all kinds of stuff! Grass, mold, Corn (it's endemic in our food today!) and a whole lot of trees and stuff...

Don't get me started on Corn! It isn't fit for consumption, human or animal. It's now degenerated into a fuel producing plant, and it isn't good for anything else. And 20% or more of global agriculture is dedicated to it.

Yes, you can grow corn in your backyard, but it's open-pollinated. That means that any corn grown in a 20 mile radius might pollinate your corn and you end up with useless corn. And how do you know the seed-corn is any good to begin with?

Agribusiness has ruined one of the great grain crops of the earth in the name of profit. What a waste! And they put corn products into just about every prepared food in the supermarket. Even cat food!

Cats don't eat corn - or wheat. It causes digestive upsets, as it does in people. The upsets may take a different form, but there is a problem with it in their system.

Read the labels on your food. Anything that ends in -ose or -ethyl is a sugar additive to your food. Anything that begins with chlor- is likely a salt. If you can't pronounce it, it came from a test tube. Shop on the edges of your store. Stay away from prepared foods. If you can bake your own bread, do so.

See, I've gotten off on corn, and I meant to stay on my sore throat and laryngitis... That's what happens when I get onto our food supply....

No comments: