Saturday, January 2, 2010

Cat Hair Eradication....

I vacuumed yesterday. For folks who know me, this is a monthly occurrance, and I hate every minute of it. It hurts my back. After $100K of back surgery, I have a reason to not like back aches...

So, I vacuumed the rugs yesterday. I cleaned in general, and I really hate housework. If I could afford a weekly service to come in, I'd have one!

Well, I have this really nice, red, oriental rug in my living room, on top of the carpet. It designates the living room portion of the room, and gives the cats a nice, centralized place to play and be in my eye-view. They get catnip on the rug, too.

My horrible, heavy, and unweildy vacuum (it's a very good, large, canister vac) didn't pick up the hair this time on the red rug. So, I tried the upholstery attachment. It worked. It took about an hour, on the floor, but I got the hair off the rug. It looked brand new - for about an hour.

I hurt today. Aleve, and a hot shower (with the massage on the nozzle working at full), have only done a slight job to relieve the ache. I won't be doing much of anything today.

I learned a long time ago, that when my back hurts, things stop. I stop. No standing, no heavy lifting, no bending, no laundry, no cleaning, no gardening...

Sitting, sleeping; that's about the limit today.

Maybe I'll crochet some more. I almost have the 4th bag filled, and that means I have enough pieces to begin the planning of the final garment. I have enough for the framework, and some general color planning. I have a lot of white yarn and the rest of my work will be using that.

On another note, it turns out that the crud in my lungs is responding well to alkaline foods. I cough a lot less, and the congestion is easing off.

And Beasley is a sweet lover, so his cuddles always make me feel better...

No comments: