Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving is Here...

We've made plans to go to friends tonight for Thanksgiving. Yes, a day early. They had something to do, and we have plans for the 4-day holiday. It made sense.

I'm doing a "stone soup" kind of thing - we're bringing the food, cooking at their house and eating with them, then coming home again. My friends are contributing dessert and sides. We are doing the main course and bread.

I need to get the place winterized. Put hoses away, clear up planting debris, and move the grape plants. I also want to vacuum and clean floors this weekend. My roomie will do one more pass on the lawn, and continue sorting for his cross-country move.

I had an interview with a potential roomie for January, but he spent nearly all of 2 hours talking about his woman troubles. I don't think that would be a good match. I didn't hear one word about God or spirit. He has other options, of course, so I will pray that one comes through for him.

Don't eat too much, my friends. It only hurts you, and you may think it's OK, but your body pays a price....

No comments: