Sunday, November 7, 2010

Anger is a Tool

I'm angry. I'm spending time and not getting paid for it, or I'm spending money and not getting value. These things make me angry. I'm angry because I feel powerless.

I have a history of turning anger inward. I eat at it. I fester it in my girth and my heart. My blood pressure goes up. I snap at the cats. I eat more because I'm feeling guilty for my behaviors. It's an unhealthy spiral.

However, anger is not a negative emotion. It is a form of energy. So, I'm re-directing this energy.

I heard a great saying tonight...

"If you keep doing what you always did, you'll keep getting what you always got."

I've heard that several times before. But tonight, it hit me - I've been doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.

I let other people be my sales force - with the result that my product doesn't get sold very often or very well.

So - I'm changing that! I'm stepping up to the plate, and I've built a database of possible clients. Next, I'll research their websites to see if they meet my criteria. The ones that meet my criteria are going to get "blitzed" with my sales materials. Both e-mail and snail mail.

In the end, they are going to buy my product. At least 30% will buy, anyway. The other 70% would not be happy regardless of what I offer or at what price. So, it's better they don't buy my product anyway, in the end.

Today's post is about turning anger and powerlessness into something positive. What have you turned your anger into?

No comments: