Friday, July 30, 2010

Friends???

I have a "friend" who keeps harping on what I should be doing. She is in her own bag of shit, and yet she keeps judging me for what I'm not doing and not able to do.

I listen to her, and I hear all the stuff that's wrong. How this person or that institution wronged her, how this isn't working out, her lawn is a foot tall, her dog need more maintenance...

What I don't hear is how she was grateful to wake up this morning, that she had water to shower with, and drink, that she has a dog that loves her, that she has a house with a yard.... I don't hear any gratitude at all.

Yet, she harps on how messed up my life is, how I don't eat right, and what I shouldn't include in the room I'm renting. I'm sorry, but even renting a hotel room, you get a bed and dresser!!! You get a closet! Shit!!! What does she think a person wants - a blank, empty room???? I don't think so!!!

So, I've decided to see less of this person. She can go off and be miserable by herself. Maybe her sponsor can jump her ass. She won't listen to me, because she knows everything. I've tried to be a good friend, and to support her and confront her, as she needed me to do; but I can't do it anymore. The price is too high. My sanity and serenity are too important.

If I'm a little flaky once in a while, that's fine. I can do that. I'm more creative most days, than not. That makes me less than attentive to the details sometimes. I pay attention to my life by what needs the attention. If someone has advice or a suggestion, I'll listen - not necessarily take their advice or suggestion. I'll listen - that's the bargain.

So, that's my rant for tonight. I can't call anyone at this hour, but I can blog. Thank goodness for the internet!

No comments: