Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Well, I feel OK.

God gifted me with a full-size bed, including the box spring and frame. It's not brand new, and smells a little of tobacco smoke, but Febreeze and SCOE-10x will get rid of that. I slept in the new bed for the first time last night. I'm not used to feeling the cats get up and down. The bed is MUCH taller than the old one, but overall very comfortable.

God is good, isn't s/he??? A new bed. How cool! I priced beds a couple of weeks ago - about $1200 for a full size bed, and no more than a 2 yr. guarantee. This new one is 1 1/2 yrs old, and is in pretty good shape.

I kept the memory foam pad, and that may be a little too much softness. However, I was able to sleep on my sides for the first time since I got home (my favorite position) and my back was much happier this morning. My right hip is still a bit sore, but not as bad as it was yesterday.

The foam mattress will get covered and go into the hide-a-bed in the living room, that needs a mattress. That was the plan from the beginning. The wood of the frame will make good shelving in the shed. It will discintigrate over the next couple of years anyway, if kept on edge; but I can use it out there with enough supports and flat. It should do well.

The tape is bugging me a lot! It's time to remove the bandages for good, I guess. I'll carefully do that before I shower this morning. The post-op instructions say to wash the incision gently with soap and warm water, so I guess I'll actually do that today. It's been getting wiped clean when the bandages are changed, but that's only after I've already showered, and they are wet.

I also plan to drive for the first time, today. I want to see if I can, and go to a meeting. I miss my meetings and my peeps...

It's been a week since surgery, so at 8 days - not doing too bad overall. Business seems like it will pick up a bit over the next week or so, and the Census training class begins on Monday.

It's amazing to me how things work out. God always meets me right where I need him. He's never early or late.

No comments: