Saturday, April 24, 2010

Money!

Goodness! Things got away from me, and I'm in a bit of trouble in my accounts. I'm working through it, but this is the first time I've had any such trouble in years!

It's scary! And I've worked so hard to have perfect credit, too. I've paid my bills.

I contacted all the folks who tried to dun me, only to find out that they weren't trying to reach me, just someone who lived down the street. I was the only land-line on the block for a while, there...

Then there was St. Mary's Hospital! What a joke! They were trying to reach me - but they had never sent a bill, and the service was less than 45 days prior. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau for their practices, paid them off, and I'll never go back there again.

Bur right now, it's really scary! I don't know if I can pay both the utility bills I have. Never mind getting food for the cats! And my mortgage payment is due on the first, when the billing cycle starts all over again. At least my loans are both pre-paid till June.

Oh well....

I've been extremely lucky (BLESSED) and cared for, and I know that at least one of the quotes I've given will pan out, and I'll have work coming in. I also start my job with the Census Bureau on Tuesday, so there's an end to this in sight. It's just getting through the next few weeks. We'll make it, I'm sure. I guess I just needed to say how scary it is, to not have work coming in. To not have money coming in.

I've been living pretty high for the last couple of years. To be faced with this - AGAIN! - is not fun. I'll have to really pay down all my debt, so that it's just the little things - the mortgage, utilities, food and gas - the living expenses - that come every month.

I really need to start saving, too! Davy Ramsey is right! We need a $1000 cushion for emergencies, and 6 months of expenses in the bank, saved. Then, we can begin to save for other things - cars, vacations, appliances, hot water heaters, furnaces, roofs, and so on.

It's so hard for me to save - I've spent to my last dime for so long, being so broke (poor), that it's hard to have anything in the bank, just sitting there.

A change of mindset is required. Not just a change of behaviors. I need to see abundance, not scarcity. I thought I was doing well, but I see it was not well enough. I need a full paradigm shift....

No comments: