Sunday, March 25, 2012

Better from Dentures, but Not from Foods?

My teeth are fitting better, they don't slide around and there is little to no pain.

However, I'm back to my sleeping after I eat, spending the whole day snoozing instead of doing anything, and it happens every time I eat. I finally got sick of it and made an appointment with the doctor again. Last time I went in to discuss this, I was pretty much ignored, but I plan on putting together more "evidence" with a log, and a food diary to help the doc make some decisions and get the tests I need.

I'm pretty sure this is a combination of two things - food allergies and pre-diabetes. I think that the foods causing this are things I'm probably not supposed to eat (bet very prevalent in today's diets) and that my blood sugar is reacting to them. Things like white rice and pasta.

I cook the good stuff - whole grains and brown rice - when I cook from scratch, and I don't add HFCS to my scratch recipes. In fact I use no corn products at all, knowing I'm allergic to corn. But corn, white refined flour and white rice are used exclusively in the foodservice industry to make prepared foods and frozen meals.

So, if I take any shortcuts and use pre-packaged meals, I'm taking my life in my hands. That doesn't speak well for the foodservice industry. I don't believe they are trying to kill their customers, but the effect is the same.

I don't have epstein-barr, or chronic fatigue, but the results mimic it when I eat.

I can even eat really healthy and have the same results, right now. I eat my fruit and protein shake in the morning, and I have to nap within 60 minutes. Only 10 minutes, but still, I have to shut down. If I eat anything more heavy, and I could be out for two hours or more. Even eggs. And if I add hash browns to eggs, I'm out for a couple of hours.

Pancakes are a total disaster, with me being out for up to six hours. I stopped eating those about a year ago.

This is blood sugar insanity at it's finest! The scariest part, is that I might have to pull over when I'm driving if I've eaten the wrong food beforehand.

The world goes dizzy, I can't concentrate, then I'm OUT. I have very little warning. So, I tend to be hungry when I drive.

I have a long drive this coming Saturday morning, which will be a regular commute for me over the next three years. So, coffee and no food.

No wonder my weight is high - I can't eat breakfast and drive anyplace. Not and be safe. And breakfast is the most important meal of the day for your metabolism.

Well, I'll see what the doc says on April 18. Yeah, that's the earliest I could get in. It's like pulling teeth to get in right away. You have to be really sick.

No comments: