Saturday, March 3, 2012

Swapped Teeth for Dentures

Yep, the teeth are gone. I'm wearing the "immediate denture" provided by the dentist. I still look a lot more like a chipmunk than myself, but the worst of the swelling has gone down. It's been a little less than 24 hours. My body is finally coming out of shock from the procedure.

Just to clarify - anytime I have any procedure, I go into shock. It isn't the doctor or dentist's fault. It's my body and it's reaction to modern medical techniques.

I've been drinking juice. Not just fruit juice, although it sure tastes like fruit! It is something called "Green Machine" by Naked. It's pretty good stuff! Tastes really wonderful, and it's jam-packed with all kinds of healthy vegetables. Because it's prepared and sold in stores, it has a couple of preservatives in it, but otherwise, it's completely natural. I knew I wouldn't be up to making my own juice for the first couple of days, so I purchased some.

I also knew I wouldn't be able to eat for a while, at least not solid foods, so I planned ahead. I got protein powders in, two healthy green juices and one that contains echinacea. I already had bananas, carrots, celery, kale, squash, oranges, grapefruits, and strawberries on hand. I think there's even a pack of cranberries in the freezer! I have a juicer, and that fabulous blender I picked up when my old one died, so I have lots of ways to get nutrition. And I always add B-12 to my smoothies so that my anemia is treated.

I watched a webinar about B-12 sources, and they said that cyanocobalamin is not as good for you as methylcobalamin, so I'll be switching over sources as I can. The only methylcobalamin source I have in-house is a chewable, and that's not possible right now. I understand that Swanson's sells the methlylcobalamin sources. I will be placing my order after I figure out the books this month.

When I feel up to it, I have that great stew I made in the fridge (I may freeze it so that it keeps).

So, all is well.

We had some wild weather over here last night, too. I may have lost my strawberry plants, and my little windchime gave up with those incredibly strong gusts of wind, but otherwise, no damage. Not even on the roof.

No comments: