Sunday, January 1, 2012

Time Limits!

I realized last night while I was on the phone, that I only have another 10 days or so for the book. I need to get OFF the internet and stay off it. But it's like I'm addicted or something. I really like reading e-mail, answering e-mail, forwarding articles to my friends, and staying informed on the issues that interest me (health, writing, cats).

And yesterday I filled out a scholarship application and wrote the essay for it. I even pulled out the old trusty manual typewriter to fill out the application, as they requested! Did you know that the @ symbol is not above the 2 on a typewriter? I forgot that and had to search the keys for it! I had to request some special people in my life to write letters of recommendation and get them to me by Jan 5th so I can have the scholarship application postmarked by January 6th, which is the deadline. I had a really short window, but I only found out about it yesterday, and it's a really good scholarship for me.

But I was talking to my sister, which was long overdue, and realized that my time on the book is getting pretty short.

I got overwhelmed by one of the submissions. A friend of over 40 years. I realized some stuff about my growing up that I didn't remember. Not nice, for sure! It reminded me of who I was all those years ago, all the stuff I'd forgotten, and from her point of view. She's a pretty incredible lady, to be sure, and I'm so very happy she put in her submission. But it triggered "stuff" for me. So, I took a couple of days off from the book. I need to write her a long letter, on paper, and mail it to her.

But first, back to the book, get it done, and to the publisher!

I hope to publish mid-January, so there you go!

No comments: