Thursday, January 5, 2012

Adding Soup and Fruit

I am adding soup to my daily diet. Not just the one I made the other day, either! I make minestrone a lot, and finding new soup ideas is always wonderful!

I tried to lose weight years ago, and the best answer for me was to add fruit to my diet. Yep, ADD fruit. Fruit takes away the sugar-cravings by giving me the sweet. And the fiber of whole fruit is good for me.

So, my first full day with cabbage soup included: a fruit smoothie for breakfast with coffee;, a bowl of soup for lunch. No bread, although I have a french bread in the fridge. I had another bowl of soup before I went to meeting, about 5pm. Supper (later, after meeting) was a 4 oz piece of meat followed by an apple with a little cheese. I could have skipped the cheese, but I generally have an apple with cheese as a snack.

As I was cooking my meat, I portioned out the rest of it, into 4 oz portions, uncooked. These cook down to about 3 oz, and that's plenty of protein for me.

Today, I've carried through with a fruit smoothie and coffee for breakfast.

I'll admit that I had a snack of chips yesterday afternoon. I gotta stop buying that garbage! But that's the last of what's in the house. I had real strong sugar cravings after meeting, but I didn't go to the store to get junk food. I also did not have any coffee at the meeting.

No comments: