Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Diet Disappointment

I've been pretty faithful to the caloric restrictions, done some walking and a little bit of exercise. I'm certainly not fanatic about it, and I'm not really dedicated to the exercise part of this. But I'm doing a lot more than I used to, so that's good.

As a result, the loss has been disappointing. Yes, some weight is coming off, but not near the two pounds a week I was hoping for. It seems to be up and down. I'll lose a little, gain it back, and so on. The long-term is in the right direction, but it's a lot slower than I anticipated.

I guess more exercise would be a good addition. More walks, more exercise sessions. I pulled out the Dancercize DVD, so I'm heading toward it. Do I expect to be able to do it the first time? No! I expect to learn some of the moves - maybe a few of them. But I don't expect to keep up with the video. That's down the road a bit, yet.

I've been taking the B-12 as suggested by the doctor. I take the sublingual in the morning and before meals, and the caplet with my meds.

I've heard of people following their diets with no results for up to two weeks, and then there's a large loss registered. I'm hoping that's part of what's happening. I hope it's just my metabolism figuring out that I'm serious, and learning that it will be fueled every couple of hours. It's kind of like a plateau. Eventually, the body has to use energy from somewhere and the weight comes off.

Well, school again today. Have to make my snack & lunch.

No comments: