Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Second Liver Cleanse and Heart Health

I did the second liver cleanse just before Christmas. On Dec 29, I had a "heart episode" that brought me to the ER to be checked out. All seemed well, but I had a stress test today to be sure. The two may be related. I did really well on the liver cleanse! :)

The experience showed me just how bad my health is, and I became really dedicated to losing the extra weight I carry.

Because I haven't been allowed to exercise, I'm just doing calorie restriction right now. Not severe, but under 2000 calories a day is my hope. I eat 3 good meals and 2 snacks a day, which is LOTS of food. As long as portion control is in play and I eat stuff that's good for me, I should be OK. I have a food plan that is between 1400-1600 calories a day.

So far, I've lost about 3 pounds all together. Not an auspicious start, but something. Once I can move about and get some exercise, the weight should start to fall off.

My goal is to lose about 2 pounds a week. If I can sustain that level of weight loss over time, I'll hit my goal by Christmas - maybe even Thanksgiving!

I won't be posting the progress on a regular basis. I have too much psychological baggage around weight issues to be that transparent. However, there may be occasional posts.

So, all is well. There is no obvious damage to my heart. I can begin building flexibility after today. I will continue to restrict my calories, and build up to some cardio exercises.

Looking forward to it!

No comments: