Saturday, December 3, 2011

Whew!

I went to take the trash out Wednesday night before I went to bed, and a loose pit bull dog ran up to me, tags jingling. He was like a ghost in the night, gray all over and I could barely see him. He's a local dog, full grown, and his head comes about hip-high on me. He was friendly, but he kept jumping on me and would not go away when told to go home. I ended up abandoning my garbage about 1/2-way down the walk, and going back toward the house. The dog followed me. I have scratches on my body where he jumped on me, but no bites (Thank GOD). He wanted to come in, but I was afraid and who knows what he would have done to my cats. I pulled a chair that was sitting on the porch over and kept that between me and the dog. I went inside & closed the door securely, and locked it. I called the cops to come get the dog.

I'm buying a cattle prod. If the dog is dead on my property, what is it doing on my property? It isn't my dog!

If folks want to have dogs that can kill people and other animals, they need to keep them under control. If the dog is injured or killed while loose, it's their problem. They've lost their investment, and will have to deal. It's self-preservation on the part of the person being disturbed by the dog.

There are several pit bull breeders in the neighborhood - like 3 dogs, chained to dog houses and used for breeding full-blood pit bulls. They all have licenses. So, there are a lot of them in the neighborhood. Their dogs are chained. If this one was chained, he broke his chain - along with jumping his fence. If he ever comes back, he'll be toast.

No comments: