Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ancestors, DNA and Isolation

I've been compiling my family tree so that I can take part in the Sorensen DNA project. My mother's family tree has never been explored thoroughly, and there are lots of gaps. My father's tree is extensive, and due to some family geneologists, pretty complete.

However, the Sorensen folks are looking for certain country-ties, including France. I knew my grandmother on my mother's side was from France. And she was - but there is no mother listed anywhere. I bet it's in the French marriage records, though. I just can't deal with that expense right now on ancestry.com, so I'm leaving it blank. That still satisfies Sorensen.

So, I have been completely isolating, missing sleep, skipping meals and so on to get this little "project" done before ancestry.com hits my bank account for over $70. I'm almost done. I didn't even check e-mail yesterday, and I had about 100 of them to look over this morning. I still have one account to check, so this is just a quick note to be accountable for my time.

No comments: