Sunday, September 5, 2010

New Job and Back Pain...

Finally! I got a new job. I start on Tuesday. It's part time, but that's OK. I have so many irons in the fire, so many self-employment gigs going on, that a full-time job would just stress me out.

I had to walk a bit in the last couple of days and I had a "Hen Party" at my home, and had to vacuum. So, my back was about over it. Having had a double-spinal-fusion in 1999, I'm acutely aware of any pain in that part of my body. I was able to cope, and nothing bad happened, but last night, after it was all over, I could barely move. I took a Tylenol, not having any ibuprophen in the house, and that barely took care of it. I ended up taking a prescription pain pill, and going to bed. I slept about 10 hours. That's OK, but sleeping so long can just stiffen me up again.

I'll get some ibuprophen when I shop next time.

1 comment:

Monica Leggett said...

Morgan, I have back issues too. Naproxen is my drug of choice (Aleve). I take it the second I do something stupid, like lift something I shouldn't, or spend the day on my feet. Stretching daily and staying away from Vacuums is also a good idea!
Congrats on your new job. What is it?