Monday, September 13, 2010

Health and Partnership...

My Roommate turns out to have high blood pressure. He was feeling poorly, described his symptoms, and I gave him my cuff to take his readings. They were very high. I passed on some HCTZ to see if that would help, and they did after about 3 days. I told him he needs to get seen and get a full workup and a steady source of meds, since I have my own and can't really share...

So, it looks like we are going on a reduction plan of some kind. I need to get active and lose a small person. He could probably stand to lose about the same. We are couch-potatoes... We love our TV shows! And not necessarily the same ones - so we read while the other is watching a favorite show... Not good for our health.

When we've got this set up as a team sport, I'll tell you the plan. For now, it's to watch the diet, and figure out our mis-steps. Upping activity is the other part. I think a 30-minute session before supper would be a good start.

We'll see. We have different schedules, so we have to sort it all out.

That's the news from the front...

No comments: