Sunday, August 1, 2010

Updates...

The plumber hasn't been here yet. I heard from Habitat and checked in late Friday, so I'm sure I'll hear back from them on Monday, if not actually see a plumber this week...

One of my neighbors used the weed eater on the front around the culvert. That at least lets the rain and runoff have a way to get to the drain system. I'm not sure which one did it, but I'll be nice to both, and check around, just to be sure...

It was a dead end on the tape of mom's voice. That's a shame, really. When she died, my sis and I checked into finding her ASCAP holdings, and copyrights, and the search was more $$ than we could afford. I'll just have to keep my memory of her singing alive the best I can.

I've made another of those items I made and sent to my sis. I mailed the package last week, so as soon as I hear she's received it, I'll post the photos of the crocheted items and the pattern I've used.

The room is ready! I've posted photos and the ad for a tenant. I still have to get a real bed, but I can do that when it's rented, before they move in. I had 2 responses, and I'll call tonight.

Work is still elusive. I'm pursuing Title V this coming week.

I should get my Food Stamp allotment in the next couple of days, but that won't cover cat food. The Unemployment Office is supposed to give me a $25 gas voucher in the morning on my way out.

I don't know how to cover the car insurance or my med refills, but I'm sure something will present itself. If nothing else, I will go to day labor to get the money I need by doing whatever they present to me. It may take 2 days to get the amount I need, but if I can do 2 days this week, then God can help me with the physical pain in the evenings.

I'm turning my weight issue over to God. I can't do it alone. Now it's time for Step 4. "Embrace the process to learn about my motives" will have to be my mantra for the next couple of weeks, while I do all this....

No comments: