Wednesday, August 18, 2010

God's Will?

No Job yet. The job I wanted so badly, well it just didn't work out.

I went into the ladies room before the interview, and prayed that God's will, not mine, be done. That about says it all, doesn't it??? I can say that I dressed appropriately, was on time (early!) and wore makeup and was in good spirits for the interview.

Yes, I said some things in a way that could have been said better - more or less detail, if that's the case. What I heard was my ego, how great I am, coming out: not how positive of an addition I could be to their office.

Each interview, I hear what's coming out of my mouth, and I can tell exactly when the listeners turn their ears off. When it took 10 minutes instead of 30, I realized immediately that it wasn't my job. Someone else will have that honor.

Anyway, I have to believe that God didn't want me in that position for whatever reason.

A friend took me to lunch, and we caught up with each others' lives. I then came home, a little deflated, and took a nap on the chair. Part of me wanted to cry, since I'd put so much into that interview, but I didn't.

I have some things to think about - directions I seem to be getting pushed towards, and I need to meditate on them and explore them a little bit before I discuss them in such a public place.

No comments: