Sunday, September 27, 2009

Whew!!!

I'm nearing the end of crazy packing. Crazy packing is when you pack stuff you probably need to use in the next week, but you can't be sure, but you know it needs to move so you pack it anyway....

And then, there is the stuff you KNOW you will need and need to hold it out till the Very-Last-Minute - and My, Oh My - ALL THIS STUFF needs to be packed at the last minute!

So, It's kind of crazy right now. I've been through the piles of stuff, know whats there, and now just need to be sure I have enough boxes to make it.

I emptied out the car into the house, so now I have room for stuff and people in the car! What a joy that is... I'll be able to move the cats, because now there is enough room for the carriers in the car! Not to mention the litter boxes, food and so on...

On the lighter side, I got to shop for the house yesterday...

I got the mail box post, house numbers, and the trash can. Very important stuff, and I can't move without having them...

I got the shower rods and shower curtains, curtain rods for all 6 of the big windows, the fire extinguisher, and some towels for the bathroom that will be "public" and needs nice towels...

It was a nice break from the packing craziness.

I still need a lot more "stuff" but this is a good start. I looked at the curtains, but didn't have enough $$ to get them at that moment. I've budgeted about $100/month for the house, and it will go for curtains right off. I have 2 blinds, one each for the bedroom and office. That will have to do for now.

I didn't blog at the time of the Dedication, on Sept 23. It was wonderful. I guess I posted it elsewhere, so didn't put it here, too.

Gouffon Moving is coming at 8am on Monday, October 5. The computers have to be offline and packed into the car before that, so I'll probably move the cats on Oct 4, and take the computers offline the same day.

No comments: