Sunday, September 20, 2009

Almost done!

The house is almost done! I got some plants put in from my "Covenant Partner." There's a white Crape Myrtle tree (yes, correct spelling), an Oak tree, 2 Knockout Roses, and 4 butterfly bushes.

Habitat has corporate and church groups that "Covenant" to work with a home owner to build their home. These folks provide people and money to get the job done. Some groups donate furniture or appliances, others donate only their time and money. Some groups donate landscaping, like my group did.

The "Dedication" is next, on Sept 23, at 2:30pm. This is when I get a symbolic (or real) key for the house, and the house is blessed. I'm given a certificate from KUB for a tree, there is a 50% off certificate for one shopping trip at the Thrift Store (bring a truck and plenty of money, so I can get all the things I need), the home library (like I need *more* books!) a Family Bible (that will be nice) and any gifts that folks want to donate.

The carpet is a little lighter than I expected, and it's out-gassing a lot from the adhesive and chemical process. If it's this bad for me, what will it be like for the cats, who are that much closer to the floor? I'm a little concerned about that. I'll go and vacuum the carpet, wash the floors and so on, in the next couple of days. The appliances are expected tomorrow, so between tomorrow night and Wednesday afternoon, I'll be cleaning a lot.

I figure I'll be a blubbering idiot, crying at the drop of a hat, during the ceremony. My friend and Pastor is coming from Johnson City/Gray Tennessee, and we expect him to be be adding blessings. I don't know how many of my Program Friends will be there. I hope quite a few.

My neighbor is feeling my "wall" and commented on it. I'm getting the impression that she doesn't have a lot of friends, but I can't be her lifeline. I have a life of my own that is very full. Sometimes, over-full! I'm willing to be neighborly, but not glued at the hip.

Well, I have paperwork to do, so I'll get on it...

No comments: