Sunday, June 12, 2016

Starting Over

The research is much more detailed than I was.

I started digging deeper into the research I've dug up on Metabolic Syndrome-X, and it's much more detailed. Some of the hypotheses don't hold water and other studies are just too small to make blanket statements.

The indications for probiotics hold up, but a lot of what I was saying is just not right!

It's like I had blinders on, or maybe I was making a lot of assumptions based on misunderstanding the information. I read deeper tonight into a couple of the pieces, and I just can't publish what I have without making it right. Yep, that's probably it - misunderstanding things.

For one example, Omega 3 vs Omega 6 Fatty Acids and their indications for pre-diabetes. Reading deeper, I found that the research didn't prove the hypothesis. This is highly-technical writing about microbiology, so without some understanding of the concepts, it's easy to be misled. I was misled. I got straightened out, but it took about three times through each paragraph to get there.

So, I'm tossing everything I've done so far and starting over. Not that great a loss, but for the sake of accuracy and honor, it's only right.

Back to the drawing board!

No comments: