Sunday, September 25, 2011

Self-Care and Car Stuff....

I got to order some books again today. I received 3 of the books I ordered last week, with one still on it's way. Today, I got to order 5 more. I'm chipping away at my list of holistic health books for my library. I saw one I still really want to get, but it will have to wait.

I also got some gardening and crochet, of course! And there was a really cool book about leadership that intrigued me a while ago, so I got that one, too. It's called "Tribe" by Seth Godin.

Amazon lists are really cool, if you haven't played with them, yet. Not only can folks order stuff for you that you really want, but you can order stuff you really want. It keeps the "wish list" of my life organized. And the size of clothes is always right because I chose the items myself.

Meanwhile, the poor car needs a wheel bearing tomorrow, so I'm not driving a whole lot right now. I had the back brakes done last week, and within 24 hours something happened at the right front. They took 2.5 hours to figure out what it was, and in the process, I think the wheel bearing finally gave out with all their messing around. It sounds really bad with metal-to-metal contact, so I don't want to drive much. I have one errand I MUST do later today, but that will be it. There is no way I would keep driving the car for even a week, as bad as it sounds. I thank God that there is money enough to fix the wheel bearing right now.

Just to be clear - they didn't cause anything to go wrong. I've been watching the wheel bearing, expecting something for about 6 months, and I'm just really grateful that the OTHER thing wrong with the front end can wait until January, when I get my new tires, and can be done with the alignment that will also be done at that time. It will be an expensive car repair, but with a Toyota, it's worth it. This car should last another 5-10 years, at least.

I got my handicapped placard on Friday, so I don't have to park in BFEgypt at school anymore. Thank Goodness!!!! That was getting pretty tough.

I hope you get to fulfill some of your dreams today or one day in the next week. It's always a good thing to take care of yourself.

No comments: