Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Interview Hell!!!

I hate people who mine data sites like Monster and send shotgun interview requests to every person who ever used the site. It wastes everyone's time and energy.

They don't read the resume...

They just send a request for interview, please pick a time and show up. They don't care if you have the education, experience or desire to work in their line of work or the job that they are offering. And the kicker is that the prospective employee will jump at it, thinking his resume landed him and interview. The letter or e-mail never lists exactly what the job is, either... Another SCAM!!!!

In half the offers, there is an expectation that the employee will actually put up money to take the job!

This practice, like similar data mining, should be outlawed!

For instance, I received a call for someone I used to know, and haven't spoken to for over 20 years. How the company even made the connection, I have no idea. It was my ex-husband's first wife! Come On!!!! Get over yourself! Get Real!!!

Taking a first-person survey is one thing, but mining data on the internet or old and out-of-date records is another.

I used to get phone calls from collection agencies for people who lived in other apartments or even apartment buildings, because I had the only land-line phone in the area. Like I know everybody on the block! Get real....

The poor caller is not the problem, it's his company's practice and data mining techniques that need to be fixed.

No comments: