Thursday, May 20, 2010

Life is Calming Down - Maybe Too Much???

Life is calming down. My health is returning to "normal" which means I need a good workout schedule. My finances are tight, but steady (that's the maybe too much calm). My love-life is non-existant (as far as I can tell) but I like that part of my life calm, so it works for me.

The house is a mess again, since I haven't been able to clean much. I'll get back on schedule with it, and get things picked up.

Meetings are coming back to normal. I still have trouble with the 2 meetings back-to-back on Sunday, but I've always had trouble with that. The meetings are in different parts of town, and I usually have just enough time to grab fast-food in between. If I want to sit down and eat, I have a nice Chinese buffet I can go to. I just hate spending that much $$ and eating alone. If I had company, it would be a lot nicer. The food is good, too!!

There's a recovery campout coming up over Memorial Day weekend. I want to grab a couple of friends and go out for Saturday; make the meal and meeting, spend some time with friends in recovery that I don't get to see very often. I got a Travel-Scrabble game, and with my Yahtzee!, there's enough to play with. I can even pack the inflatable mattress and my sleeping bag! I just don't think I'm up to an overnight right now. I don't have full camping gear, again, yet.

I'd like more work. I don't know about going to work part time at a fast-food joint or something. I don't think I could do the work! Ah well..... I'm grateful that the bills are paid (for now) and there's gas in the car. There's food to eat, friends to talk to, and the sun is shining today.

Yeah, life is OK right now....

No comments: