Friday, August 21, 2009

Microloans to Women

I just signed up for this program, Kiva.org, where you give microloans to women (or men) to stimulate the economy in that country.

I read an article on the NY Times called "The Women's Crusade" and it was amazing! It talked about all the stuff I've researched for years, and it seemed like nobody was paying attention. These folks were (Nicholas D. Kristof & Sheryl WuDunn).

Printed, the article runs 10 pages. In it, are links to other articles. An article dated August 23, 2009 (today is the 21st) is called Do-It-Yourself Foreign Aid. It lists several there, and gives a link to a full list of microloan resources.

I strongly suggest that if you have $25 to invest, you do so. Even a small $10 donation can help women somewhere in the world.

Do it! You will like yourself for it. Women are the foundation of the world. Without women, there would be no civilization.

I'm so grateful I can help somebody else!

No comments: