Monday, June 22, 2009

My First Tornado!

WOW! We had a tornado here yesterday morning - about 6am. I woke up with thunder and lightning - the cats were all nervous - not like them at all...

I looked out the window, all the fog on the inside made that hard, but I saw the shadow of the trees going a million miles an hour back and forth, hitting the AC unit.

There was lightning followed immediately by thunder, and a tree went down, taking the electric pole with it. A tree went down next door over a car. Across the street, an evergreen was sheared on one side - it looks a little funny.

I had electric wires across the driveway, so I couldn't/didn't go anywhere for hours.

It was also like 95 degrees and 90% humidity! YUCK! Sticky, hot weather! And it rained off and own, all day, too.

I found a battery-opertated radio, so at least I had some news. I read a book. I played with my cats. We got through it. I was so lonely for my work that I about ate my fingernails.

Late in the day, electric power was restored, and the wires picked up, so I got to go out. I didn't do much, but it was interesting to look around town and see all the downed trees.

What a day...

No comments: