Monday, December 27, 2010

Illness that Doesn't Floor You....

A week ago, I went to the doc's office and got antibiotics for a sinus infection. I knew it was a sinus infection for a week, as it was only on one side, and never moved.

Well, that's changed. After a week on antibiotics, it's moved to the ear on the opposite side. My tongue is involved, and my throat hurts to swallow - not like the burning I'd experienced earlier, but the swelling hurts in my ear when I swallow.

And this switch happened almost overnight.

Of course, the doc's office is closed today, so it means that the same antibiotic I was taking and just finished, cannot be re-prescribed - the bug will have immunity to it.

Antibiotics are held more closely than any other drug, save Class II narcotics. While I agree that they are often over-prescribed, when a body is using them already, there should be a kind of openness about them for refills. Bugs get immune to them because folks run out of the meds before the bugs are dead. Particularly staph infections, of which this is one.

I'll follow up with MMS and see if that helps, but this particular bug is going around my circle and laying folks low for months on end. Stop playing with our lives!!!

No comments: