Friday, March 26, 2010

Trees Planted, General Updates

I have my 5 trees planted, now. I got the first 4 in, but they were too deep, so I had to dig them up and raise them. They arrived bare-root, so had to go in the ground right away. I got the 5th tree in a pot, but it was basically bare-root as well. However, it took me a couple of days to get it into the ground.

So, the trees are in, and the asparagus crowns arrived yesterday. I have no place prepared for them. I need to build the beds for the vegetables. The beans I started are taking over the kitchen. The other starts are all showing distress and need to be re-potted into flats with better drainage. I'm not prepared. It may be that this year's garden is a bust. I would like to get the strawberries going this year, though. And I'm really looking forward to some home-grown tomatoes. They taste so good!

I'll do what I can, but I think I bit off more than I could handle for this year. Just getting the perennials and trees in the ground is a great start this year, I guess.

On a completely different subject, work is looking a little better. I don't have a steady job, but my efforts are paying off for internet marketing, cat whispering, and coding sites for better SEO and SEM. If you don't understand the terms, don't worry about it. Just know that my efforts are showing fruit.

I've had to crash-learn several things lately, too. Moodle, Word Press, HostGator, PHP, Javascript, and others. It's fine, really. I needed to learn but didn't have any way to apply it, so didn't push it. Now, I have places for all of that to be applied, so it's sinking in better. It can be overwhelming, and my brain feels like mush after 6 solid hours, but TV is a good diversion, and the biggest problem is that I forget to eat.

I finally passed the Census test with a 100%, so when they begin hiring, I may have a job. I've also applied several other places for full- or part-time employment. I just need something I can count on, so that the bills get paid. The extras can be cut, removed, or ignored.

Money is dwindling, and I have expenses coming up, as usual. I can't really go out and purchase lumber or blocks to build the beds - not even for the asparagus!

I've canceled cable TV. Not a bad thing in the long run. I generally don't have time for it during the warmer weather, anyway. Running around, yard work, and so on. I'm in a 3-year contract on the internet/phone, so the only way to reduce expenses with Comcast is to cancel the TV.

I need to put brakes on the car, and it needs a full tune-up, to keep it running right. I'll do that, if and when the government finally sends the money on the first-time homebuyer's credit rebate. That, and pay my taxes. If there's anything left, I'll schedule the surgery.

On the surgery, I've been having symptoms, yes. It's like having a period, but I'm too old for them. The pain in my lower back is increasing, too. I'm pretty sure there is a growth around my colon/large intestine. The tests show something in that area, but they aren't specific enough to know exactly what. When it all comes out, I bet I'll feel like a million bucks!

I'm grateful, though. I have a breather - time to shift focus. I have enough food, the lights are on, the bills are not late (some are ahead!) and my debt load is very small. The house is new, so anything that's wrong is still under the warrantee.

I'm thinking about renting out my sewing room, too. The rent I receive will help with the house payment and electricity. Since I have the contract on the internet, I can offer wi-fi as a regular benefit. I just need to set-up the room. I'm working on it. That's the room that is a total mess right now. I still haven't unpacked all the boxes, you know.

Well, that's quite an update from an unemployed, but positive person....

2 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

Busy weekend is waiting for me too! :) Yard work, car maintenance, cleaning and so on and so forth.

I read that you canceled cable. I work for Comcast and if you’re interested, I can reach to my contacts to see if we have a package with lower price including TV services. You can contact me and include the phone number on the account at the provided email.

Thanks!

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Morgen M said...

Thank you, Mark! I'll contact you and see what we can do.