Friday, March 12, 2010

Sick Again - Planting and Landscape, Home Improvements

Yep, again! I'm so tired of this. At least the fever broke overnight.

And the pain on my ovary is really bad right now. I can't wait to have surgery to remove it....

I wonder if the issues I've had are all related to my girl-parts?? The skin issues, the sicknesses and lack of immunity, the fatigue...

I've stopped taking all vitamins and supplements - except the lo-dose aspirin and my prescription meds. I want to see if the fatigue gets worse, in case my Epstein-Barr is flaring up. That, so far, does not seem to be the case. I'm sleeping fine, and everything seems to be OK - except I'm sick again.

I have no appetite at all. I get hungry, but it's more like a habit than a feeling of needing food. This was true even before I got sick again. At least the pre-natal vitamins made me hungry, but that isn't a good reason to eat. I was pissing away all the B vitamins down the toilet.

I haven't napped like I used to - mostly no time, but I have the desire.

Am I depressed? I think probably so - and have been for a while - since I moved just about. I'm overwhelmed with the house. Too much space and responsibility. Too much to do to make it my own.

I got some knobs for the doors and drawers on the cabinets. That will help a lot. I've had a lot of trouble opening the doors. There's no handle or cut-out to make it easy to open them. The arthritis in my hands is getting worse, so this will make it easier as I age.

I need to pull the carpets, too. Clean and hone the concrete, maybe stain it a pretty color. I'll have to use rugs. I can't afford flooring right now. Can't afford the landscape plants I bought, or the planting beds I need, either.

I started a whole tray of plants! Tomatoes, beans, herbs, and such. Anything that took over 75 days to maturity. Anyway, those have to go into the ground pretty soon, too.

Four of my trees arrived Wednesday - bare root. I had to get them into the ground right away. I hired my neighbor's kid to dig the holes (I was sick, remember?) and we (together, yes) got them into the ground. Probably not well, probably too deep, and the soil is all clay chunks (tried to break them up). I watered them in so we'll see what happens. I hope they don't die. I had to prune a couple of them. The other 2 were fine.

My asparagus crowns are due pretty soon - either today or Monday. Those need to go in the ground right away, too. I have pots I can use for them, at least. And my lemon tree and grape vines will also be here Monday.

Well, that's my rambling for today. Happy Birthday to me! Yep, 55 tonight around midnight!

No comments: