Friday, October 16, 2009

Wherever you go, there you are...

I've been having weird "deja vu" experiences lately. Things from the past are suddenly in my face again. It's like I'm doing the same things all over again. Things from 20-30 years ago, not a few months ago.

There are strange, ephemeral, wisps of memory. I'll make a movement, and it will hit...

Very strange!

I have to keep my mind front-and-center, and pay attention to every movement, every thought, every idea, every task. I have to "be mindful" in a very zen way. That takes effort, let me tell you!

Another strange thing is that each time I talk to my neighbor (the one who was here first), I end up feeling anxious, angry, and full of rage. Not the way I want to feel about someone I barely know. It's like the waves of her depression are flowing over me. How can one protect against such a wash of emotion, when one isn't feeling it ones self?

Well, the day is not getting any younger, and I have tasks to do outside the home today.

My phone is still not right, I still have no TV service, and I desperately need to do laundry.

I also have to make copies of the ladies' meeting phone list. I'll be taking that to a service, today. Cheaper in the short run than purchasing ink for my copier, and the group can pay for the copies. I've paid for them myself, in the past, but not right now.

I'm also concerned with a friend I haven't heard from in a week. I think I'll try calling her again today. Maybe I'll catch her at home.

No comments: