Monday, October 19, 2009

Cut off my hair...

I cut off my hair on Saturday night. It was one more time, using $14/bottle shampoo, $6/tube conditioner, and my hair was like straw. After not being able to get a comb through my hair one more time, I'd had enough. I grabbed the clippers I use on the cats. I put on the longest guard I saw - it turned out to be the middle of them, not the shortest, not the longest. I cut off the hair. All the color-treated, damaged hair.

The expensive shampoo is because my scalp is a mess. I'm over 50 years old. This is not acne. I'm detoxing or something, and it's coming out in my skin - face and scalp. It has been doing this for about 4 years, and getting progressively worse. Allergies, contaminants, mold, mildew, pollution, or whatever... This has got to stop!

About 3 years ago, I got the idea to cut off my hair. Everybody said not to - including my doctor. She recommended Nizoral shampoo; $10-$14 a bottle, depending on the size of the bottle. Guess what? The shampoo didn't work! I've tried selenium, zinc, salicylic acid, and Nizoral (ecto-something). Nothing worked. I've been cutting my own hair for all that time. I did get it cleared up once long enough to get a fab cut, but could never go back in for upkeep.

I had to clip it again the next night (last night) to get all the little bits I'd missed. I did it this time with dry hair, and went over it several times in all directions. I still have a couple of longer wisps, but not whole sections. I can live with that. My hair is about 1/2" all over my head.

I can use my facial/body soap to remove the oils and dirt. That's a great savings!

If I really need hair, I can wear a wig. Otherwise, lipstick (maybe) and earrings (when I get them unpacked) will let folks know I'm female. If they can't figure that out on their own, of course!

No comments: