Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One of the Best Kept Secrets in Knoxville!



Mammaw's Thimble is an amazing store!

4028 Papermill Drive, Suite #16,
Knoxville 37909.
(865) 588-8818

With over 70,000 bolts of fabric, over 20,000 fat quarters, wide backing fabrics and a quilting machine on-site, the place is a pure treasure for quilters! They've been tucked away on Papermill on a hill, hiding. I can't tell you how many times I've passed them by, thinking that I'd like to stop in. By the time I saw their sign, I was well past the driveway into the center where they are located.

SUT - They are moving!!!! Yea!!! They will be taking over the location of FindersKeepers, catty-wompus from Dry Gap Elementary school. They will even be offering quilting classes to moms!

The owner, Vivian Ann, even quilted a custom-made quilt for Loretta Lynn in under 30 days. No mean feat for a hand-made (no machine quilting!) king-sized quilt. I know, it took me almost 13 years for my quilt of the same size... And mine is nowhere near as perfectly made as these...

There are some more photos...











When I moved here, I ran into an avid quilter, who always said to go to Cosby, some 75 miles away, for fabrics and supplies. She didn't know about Mammaw's Thimble. They've been around for 10 years, 7 in the same location. I hope you will check them out for your next project. There's a classroom in back, too!

No comments: