Monday, February 8, 2010

Feeling Optimistic...

I'm feeling more optimistic. I think getting as sick as I did, really turned my head. It was being so sick I was afraid I might die, that did it. Man!

I've decided to do some writing - not fiction or essays or that kind of writing - I mean correspondence. I have 2 widowed aunts, my step-mom (my only parent left) and a dear friend who is fairly isolated. I'm going to send cards every week. I've already been doing this for one of my aunts - she was ill for a while. The cards seemed to brighten her days, and give her a laugh, which I'm sure contributed to her well-being and improved health.

So, I've decided I'm going to increase this to include the other ladies in my life, and send them weekly.

I found a great system for this. I address the envelopes and put the stamps on at the beginning of the month. I then just put a little note in the card, seal it and send it off. It's quick and easy, and the personal note is a great way to keep in touch. I hope the ladies like it. If nothing else, they will know I am thinking of them.

Now, I just have to go get some cards...

No comments: