Saturday, October 25, 2008

Strange Developments

Last night, I had a fire in an electrical outlet. It caused me to evacuate overnight while the property owner did a "temporary fix" and capped off the outlet. The outlet took another with it, so I am down to one outlet in the front room.

The landlady will have an electrician come in, and the Fire Department was pretty adamant that they want an inspection. However, I'm back in my home and while it is not as functional as I'd like, at least my family and I are together again. I have my favorite chair again. I have my own bed again. I have my shower with all the hot water I can handle again.

I haven't checked the fridge to see what got wasted, but I didn't open it after the power was cut. That should be fine.

It's just a real wake-up call for me. This really is an unsafe place for me anymore....

I'm looking for a place to stay while my house is being built - which will take another year. Hard to find, but I'm sure it will show up.

God willing, the place will shine out of the places that are available.

No comments: