Monday, July 2, 2012

Politics, Schoolwork and Writing

OK, it's official. I'm over politics. I don't care whether it's for an elected official in the USA or the local dogcatcher. I don't care if it's for school, the coffeemaker at work, or any other office. I am SICK AND TIRED of it all. When it takes 12 people almost 30 minutes to agree on something, I just don't have time for it. I'm too busy and I'm too much of a control freak. There were five or more of us in the room with time in "service" and we each think we know how things should work. With all the other stuff on my plate, I'm stepping out.

It's not worth the aggravation, sitting in an uncomfortable chair, when all kinds of resentments can develop. I really do like the people, but I can't handle the control issues.
I prefer my life plain and simple, calm and quiet, and leave all the controversy, voting and arguing to those who can handle it. I'm done.  My serenity and sanity are too important to me.

Schoolwork is back in full force after my trip to ETSU. I have been reading and taking quizzes, posting in the discussion topics and otherwise just paying attention. I have a paper to write on Viet Nam, and I've got to get my head around that. I've also found a couple of areas to research/check/explore with my ETSU advisor. I've emailed her and she's now gone out of town, but it's all good.
 
School also presents opportunities for Undergrad Research. That is the women's history book. I have the title, the concept and some of the data, but I need lots more data. I need submissions. If you are a woman reading this, are willing to write your own and your mother's stories, I would love to hear from you. This is the data I need. It can be purely your own writing, but I have standards I need met for the book.  Otherwise, I can't use your story. It isn't that tough, but certain questions need answers and I need a signature giving me rights to use the stories in the book.

On to the next step of stuff... Writing.
I need more $$ coming in, so I'm going to finish one of my books-in-progress. I'll just dictate it into Dragon, edit the heck out of it (since Dragon & I are still working things out) and get the book out. This one is on the cat stuff I do. I haven't released more than the 12-page pdf report so far, but now I want to go into training methods and the personality traits of cats. This book will be for sale, so it will be listed at Amazon, too. I'll let you know when that's done.




No comments: