Thursday, January 26, 2012

Want to Publish Your Boook?

I purchased a block of ISBN numbers when I got mine because I thought I could use them. I can't - at least not right now.

So, I'm willing to publish for someone else. I will accept book-length submissions, word files, with illustrations or pictures, minimum 120 pages. I have a model with no pre-paid expenses, but your book must be ready to format into the book template. That means no editing, except for formatting into the template. If there are a lot of mis-spelled words or bad grammar, edit it again.

I hope to publish 2-3 works this year, so I'll be reading (skimming) for content, quality, and so on. Looking for women's issues in particular, women authors encouraged.

My terms? 20 years of rights, including screen/stage negotiation, print and electronic rights. I get paid a portion of the royalties, and you get the rest. There will be a real contract, but I don't intend to lock up your work for the rest of eternity. I figure that if your book doesn't walk or run in 20 years, it probably isn't going to grow legs.

If you change a work substantially, then the new version is yours, but I can still use the old version until the term is up.

Cover art is appreciated.

Marketing includes placement at Amazon and on shelves. You can purchase up to 10 books at cost. Other marketing is up to you.

If you are interested, post a comment with your e-mail address and I'll send you the mailing address.

No comments: